The following decisions have been taken at the Covid Control Task Force meeting held May 24 at the Presidential Secretariat under the patronage of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa with the aim of mitigating the spread of covid 19 pandemic.
• Travel restrictions will be relaxed from 4.00 AM to 11.00 PM. on the 25th May.
• Only groceries, pharmacies, vegetable, fish and meat shops and bakeries are permitted to open when restriction are relaxed (25).
• Liquor shops will remain closed.
• One person from a household is allowed to go to the nearest outlet to purchase essential consumer items.
• Previous method based on last digit of the NIC number is not applicable for leaving home May 25
• Travel to the shops in private vehicles is not permitted under any reason.
• Travel restrictions will be effective again from 11pm May (25) until 4.00am on May 31.
• Travel restrictions will be relaxed again from 4.00 am to 11.00 pm on Monday, May 31.
• Travel restrictions will be in force again from 11pm on May 31 until 4.00 AM on Friday, June 04.
• Travel restrictions will be relaxed again from 4.00 am to 11.00 pm on Friday, June 04.
• Restrictions will be enforced again from 11pm on Friday, June 4 until 4.00am on Monday June 07.
• Mobile sale vehicles will be deployed at the local level to facilitate the purchase of essential food items during the restricted period.
• The Air Force will use drone technology to monitor violations of travel restrictions.
Travel restrictions until June 7
Temporary relaxations on May 25, May 31 and June 4..
One person from each house is permitted to visit the nearest store to purchase essential items when restrictions relaxed
Mobile trucks with essential food items will operate at divisional levels for the convenience of the public
Liquor stores to be closed until June 7
Air Force operations using drones to monitor individuals who violate travel restrictions…
The government has decided to extend the travel restrictions until the 07th of June to contain the current Covid situation.
The decision was taken at a meeting with the Special Committee on COVID-19 chaired by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa at the Presidential Secretariat this morning (24).
Travel restrictions will be relaxed from 4.00 am to 11.00 pm tomorrow (25). Accordingly, only a few selected retail outlets, pharmacies, fish, meat and vegetable shops, bakery outlets and fuel stations will be opened tomorrow (25).
On the days the restrictions are relaxed, only one person from each household will be allowed to go to the nearest store to purchase essential items.
Liquor stores should be completely closed during the period of travel restrictions are imposed as well as when they are relaxed.
The mechanism where the last digit of the National Identity card was used to go out will not be in force tomorrow (25). No one is allowed to go to the stores to buy consumer goods using vehicles under any circumstances.