Due to a technical fault in the computer system of the Consular Affairs Division Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the authentication of documents by the Consular Affairs Division of the Foreign Ministry in Colombo and the Regional Offices in Jaffna, Trincomalee, Matara, Kandy, Kurunegala, will be limited until further notice.
The Foreign Ministry accords the utmost importance to the smooth document verification process and remedial action is being taken. At present, the Consular Division is processing only the most urgent documents and other documents will be processed once the system is repaired.
Other consular services continue without any interruption.
The public will be notified once the verification process is in full operation.
Any inconvenience caused to the public due to the technical glitch is deeply regretted.
On the feasibility of the services required, the public may wish to contact via the following phone numbers on:
- Consular Affairs Division, Colombo – 0112338812
- Regional Office, Jaffna – 0212215972
- Regional Office, Trincomalee – 0262223182/86
- Regional Office, Kandy – 0812384410
- Regional Office, Kurunegala – 0372225931
- Regional Office –Matara-0412226713/0412226697