Considering the current status of the Covid 19 virus outbreak, it has been decided to limit the number of persons attending weddings and other such events, General Shavendra Silva Head of the National Operations Center for Prevention of Covid 19 Outbreak and Commander of the Army announces.
Simultaneously, restrictions have been imposed on other functions that bring large number of people together.
- The maximum number of persons that can attend a wedding in a reception hall with the capacity of more than 500 seats is limited to 150.
- If the number of seats in the reception hall is less than 500, the maximum number of attendees is limited to 100.
- Only 25 people are allowed to attend each funeral.
- All Government functions are postponed until the 1 st September.
- The heads of institutions are authorized to decide how public servants should report to work.