Prevailing rainy weather condition in the South-western parts of the country (particularly in Western and Sabaragamuwa provinces and in Galle and Matara districts) is expected to continue further says MET department.
Showers will occur at times in Western,Sabaragamuwa, North-Western and Southern provinces and in Kandy and Nuwara-Eliya districts. Fairly heavy showers about 75 mm can be expected at some places in Western, Sabaragamuwa and Southern provinces and in Nuwara-Eliya district. Showers or thundershowers may occur at a few places in Uva and Eastern provinces in the evening or night.
General public is kindly requested to take adequate precautions to minimize damages caused by temporary localized strong winds and lightning during thundershowers.
Following rainfalls were recorded from 08.30 a.m. on 01.07.2021 to 08.00 p.m. on 01.07.2021.
Automatic weather station Rainfall (mm)
* Mathugama (Kaluthara district) 156 mm
* Palindanuwara (Kaluthara district) 99 mm
* Theppanawa ( Rathnapura district) 87 mm
* Madurawala (Kaluthara district) 73 mm
* Bandaragama (Kaluthara district) 68 mm
* Akuressa (Mathara district) 57 mm
* Paththalagedara (Gampaha district) 56 mm