Sri Lankan universities new academic year 2020/2021 enrollment process starts May 21 as University Grant Commission UGC is hoping to release University Admission Handbook (Campus Handbook) on the same day. 2020 A/L students who are eligible for university admission can buy the hanbook with application form and submit it online and post it to UGC via register post before June 11. UGC Chairman requests students to carefully read the handbook two / three times and fill the application form very carefully. Kindly follow below important points before fill and submit the forms.
- University Hand book release May 21
- Students need to apply online via – https://admission.ugc.ac.lk/#/ UGC Website
- Students can get the campus hand book via major bookshops islandwide. (Bookshop list)
- Students can get the campus handbook via all 16 universities islandwide.
- University Handbook can be download UGC website
- UGC Strongly advice students to use Online Method for applying Universities.
- Students should fill the admission form , sign it, take a photo / scan it and send it via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filled application form should be send to UGC via Registered POST.
- Before fill the admission form, read handbook carefully
- Read carefully Part 5 section of the UGC handbook
- Double check your EMAIL Address access before fill the form (Email should be your own email address)
- Enter your Mobile number / Hand phone number correctly (check whether your phone / SIM working)
- When fill the form, dont depend on previous year zscore.
- Double check your signature before post the application.
- UGC hope to admit 41,755 students for universities.
- Deadline is June 11
- If you need any HELP / Assistance when filling Call Hotline 1919
Much awaited UGC University Admission Handbook for the 2020/2021 Academic year will be released May 21 according to University Grants Commission Chairman. As usual students have to apply for universities via online and send the application form via REGISTERED POST. Campus Handbook has printed in three languages (Sinhala Tamil and English) and to be release May 21 to all major bookshops islandwide. Students can purchase the book via Universities also. Once release the book students can download the hand book via UGC official www.ugc.ac.lk website. Last year university admission process delayed due to Coronavirus pandemic.
According to the UGC sources students can only apply through the Internet this time (Apply via Online). UGC handbook will be cost about Rs. 500 & will be available UGC Approved bookshops islandwide. Students can apply for universities via Online and can use “Nenasala IT Centeres” for online registration free of charge.
UGC Strongly advice students to use Online Method for applying Universities. Online method is simple, speedy, secure & accurate. Please Read all details carefully before you fill the online & manual forms.
Sri Lanka University Grants Commission UGC sources say cut-off marks for entrance to university for the new academic year will release 2021 July. UGC has not yet announced the exact date.
Meanwhile Government planning to prepare a mechanism to admit students to universities within 6 months period after A/L exam results release. Currently it takes about one year to admit students to local universities. Academic activities of Medical & Engineering faculties will start before 2021 November end. According to the reliable sources other faculties (Management, Science, Arts) will start from 2021 December to February 2022 period.