Director General of Health Services instructed to private hospitals and labs to follow guideline with regard to RT PCR/ Rapid Antigen (RAT) Testing in hospital / Laboratory.
- The tests should be carried out only when it is indicated as per the recommendations of the Consultant or the Medical Officer in charge of the triage counter.
- After taking the samples, the patients should be advised to isolated inside the institution/home until the report is issued, under the strict supervision by the respective hospital or the laboratory.
- If a patient is found to be a COVID-19 positive it is your responsibility to inform the Epidemiology Unit of the Ministry of Health, the Medical Officer of Health in the respective areas and the patients.
- You have to arrange the positive patients to be accommodated in an Authorized COVID-19 Treatment Centers as per the recommendation of the responsible physician.
- No walk-in or drive through PCR or Rapid antigen testing permitted.
If institutes do not abide by the guidelines, Director General of Health Services will have to cancel the authorization of laboratory to perform Covid-19 PCR testing and Rapid Antigen Testing. This guideline is not applicable for those who are requested to do PCR testing for the purpose of foreign travel. Furthermore, COVID-19 testing that is carried out in workplaces is excluded from this guideline and such testing should be continued to be carried out as per the “Screening and Laboratory testing strategy for COVI-19 for employees in workplaces” issued by the Ministry of Health.