The Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CEYPETCO) says it has increased fuel prices. The price revision comes into effect from midnight on Aug. 31.
The revised prices are as follows:
• 92 Octane Petrol – Rs. 361 (increased by Rs.13)
• 95 Octane Petrol – Rs. 417 (increased by Rs. 42)
• Auto Diesel – Rs. 341 (increased by Rs. 35)
• Super Diesel – Rs. 359 (increased by Rs. 1)
• Kerosene – Rs.231 (increased by Rs.5)
Lanka Indian Oil Corporation (LIOC), the local subsidiary of the Indian multinational oil and gas company, also announced its decision to raise fuel prices in line with the revised rates of CEYPETCO.
Meanwhile, Sinopec, a Beijing-based leading international petroleum company, officially kicked off its business operations in Sri Lanka, with a market promotion campaign.
Sinopec Fuel Oil Lanka, the local subsidiary of the Chinese petroleum giant, is now supplying fuel with a discount offer at its first filing station on the island established in Mattegoda, Colombo.