Passport Indexes keep travelers updated on which countries require visas or electronic travel authorizations (eTAs). Arton Capital’s Passport Index and the Henley Passport Index are the main indexes measuring the number of countries travelers can visit visa-free or would need a visa-on-demand.
The two rival indexes differ in their rankings because of their difference in methodology. For example, Arton Capital ranks the United Arab Emirates as the most powerful in the world, while Henley ranks Japan as the most powerful.
While some countries are welcoming by having relaxed visa restrictions, they may only be safe to visit for some travelers. Travelers should check the U.S. travel advisory list before booking their trip.
Countries are more welcoming, especially since COVID restrictions continue to lift globally.
Arton Capital measured countries in its Welcoming Countries Rank, and the 2022 list shows that we are moving to global mobility.
The list evaluates 199 countries and measures how many passports are accepted without a visa and how many passports require a visa or an eTA.
1. Angola, Djibouti, Guinea, Maldives, Comoros, Somalia, Bolivia, East Timor, Malawi, Qatar, Micronesia, Burundi, Guinea-Bissau, Nigeria, Tuvalu, Samoa, Gabon, Cote d’Ivoire, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Cambodia, Ethiopia
2. Seychelles, Togo, Uganda, Cape Verde, Mauritania, Suriname
3. Palau, Dominica, Madagascar
6. Haiti, Senegal
7. Sri Lanka, Mozambique, Macao
8. ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
9. Iran, Nepal