South-West monsoon conditions are gradually establishing across the Sri Lanka.
Showers or thundershowers will occur at times in Western and Sabaragamuwa Provinces and in Galle and Matara districts. Fairly heavy showers about 75 mm are likely at some places in the Sabaragamuwa Province and in Galle, Matara and Kalutara districts.
Several spells of showers will occur in North-Western province.
Showers or thundershowers will occur at a few places in Uva and Central provinces and in Ampara and Batticaloa districts during the evening or night.
Strong winds about (40-45) kmph can be expected at times in Northern and North-Central provinces and in Hambantota district.
General public is kindly requested to take adequate precautions to minimize damages caused by temporary localized strong winds and lightning during thundershowers.
Due to South-west monsoon, Sri Lanka to receive very heavy rains over 150mm and strong winds 60-70 kmph coming days.
• People living in hilly areas (particularly landslide prone areas) and low lying areas in river basins are requested to be vigilant.
• Drivers and people using roads in the hilly areas are requested to be vigilant.
• Take adequate precautions to minimize damages caused by lightning activity.
• Beware of fallen trees and power lines.
• Be alert on the advisories issued by the Department of Meteorology.