Many countries around the world celebrate Mother’s Day on the second Sunday in the month of May. Mother’s Day is a day allocated to your mother to make her feel special and wonderful. Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring the mother of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in the months of March or May.
According to UNICEF analysis it shows that 99 per cent of children in Sri Lanka are breastfed at some point in their young lives. Babies in South Asia including Sri Lanka are more likely to be breastfed than any other region in the world and are breastfed for longer, UNICEF analysis. At least 98 per cent of children in the region are breastfed at some point in their young lives including Afghanistan (98%), Bhutan (99%), Nepal (99%), Sri Lanka (99%), and elsewhere in South Asia the proportion is also high at 94-97%.
Happy Mothers' Day ? pic.twitter.com/AazVGVgiGC— Sri Lanka First (@SriLankaFirst) May 10, 2020
The first modern day mother’s day celebration was held in the year 1908 when Anna Jarvis who is known as the founder of Mother’s Day, held a memorial ceremony to honour her mother and all mothers at Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church in Virginia, USA. The International Mother’s Day shrine is in Grafton, Virginia, USA where the first Mother’s Day celebration was held. Did you know that there are other Mother’s Day celebrations not related to the modern holiday? Many celebrations of mothers and motherhood have existed throughout the world over thousands of years such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria and the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In 1908 the US Congress rejected a proposal to make Mother’s Day an official holiday. They found the idea of such a holiday amusing and said they would have to proclaim also a Mother-in-law’s Day. Mother’s day is celebrated on different days during a year by different countries. For example while Georgia celebrates Mother’s Day on March 3, Indonesia celebrates it on December 22.
Mother’s Day Wishes Messages Quotes WhatsApp and Facebook Status to Share With Your Mom
- I’m so lucky to have you as my mother. I’m sure no one else would have put up with me this long. Happy Mother’s Day 2021.
- Mom, thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who deserves a medal. for putting up with me all these years.
- To the mom, who bears all the pain and faces all the difficulties just to make me happy and comfortable, wish you a heartfelt Mother’s Day!
- I wish one day I could grow up to become as graceful, as strong, as loving as you are. Wishing Happy Mother’s Day to the mom who inspires me.
- For all the pain I have given you, I am sorry. But I promise that I will only give you smiles and happiness. Best wishes on Mother’s Day 2021.
- Right from the start, you were the one who nurtured me, prayed over me, worried about me, guided me, and supported me in every pursuit. Happy Mother’s Day maa!
We always take our mom for granted and just expect her to do things for us because she is our mother. While this thought process is absurd, we all do it. We call her multiple times of the day for stupid questions or just to keep us company. She is always there for you and she is the number one in your heart.
A mother will be there for you all the time and will help you with anything. She will always answer your phone call and listen to you, no matter how much she does not want to. She will make anything you want to make you happy or because she knows it is your favorite food. This is extremely helpful when you come home from school and your favorite food is waiting at the table for you.
A mother is always there to help you solve your problems and calm you down. No matter how big or small your problem is, she will help you get through it. She always has a calm mind and when you grow up you wonder if you could do that with your child. She will always love you and be the perfect person to ever walk the earth. She is the strongest person you know and you hope to be just like her when you grow up. So take this one day of the year and show her how much she means to you.
Tips to make mothers happy – Some ideas which will help you to put a smile on your mother’s face on Mother’s Day!
- Give her a handmade card thanking her for all that she does.
- Wake up early in the morning and surprise her by cooking the breakfast.
- Give her a bouquet of her favourite flowers.
- Buy her a gift.
- Do the daily chores she does at home before she starts. Example: Clean and tidy the house, wash the clothes, sweep the garden or fold the clothes.
These little things will make her feel how much you love and care for her.
Inputs from SundayObserver / Internet / UNICEF