Update – Sri Lanka Examination Commissioner General Amith Jayasundara said that the results of the A/L examination have not been released so far and he said that steps will be taken to release the results in the last week of August before August 31st.
He mentioned that all efforts are being made to provide A-level results quickly and that this is a complicated process. He further said that steps will be taken to provide the results within the last week of August.
Sri Lanka Education Minister Susul Premajayanth has announced that the long-awaited results of the 2022 GCE Advanced Level (A/L) examinations will finally be released by mid-August, specifically by August 15. The delay in releasing the results was primarily caused by the extended evaluation period of the A/L answer sheets. University teachers had engaged in a two-month strike demanding tax relaxation, which further contributed to the evaluation delay.
University Entrance process will be as follows.
- A/L Results release July /August
- University Hand Book release (within 2 months)
- Buy University handbook & read it carefully
- Online Registration & Send print out via post to UGC
- Based on students’ desired course students have to apply for Aptitude tests after publishing on national newspapers.
- Sit for Aptitude Tests depend on their selected courses. Then aptitude test results will released by relevant universities.
- Re-scrutinized / Re- correction A/Level results release.
- Z score cut off marks will release before December 2023
- University Registration via online
- Students will receive selected Course & University
The Examination Department sources say that the 2022 GCE Advanced Level (A/L) examination results will be released by July 31. Examination Department has NOT officially announced the exact results release date so far.
Releasing A/L Exam results already delayed due to the delay of evaluation of the A-Level answer sheets. The A/L Exam answer sheets evaluation was delayed by two months due to the strike action taken by the university teachers demanding to tax relax.