Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has taken steps to provide immediate solutions to five of the seven requests made by the Public Services United Nurses Union. The President also agreed to provide solutions to the remaining two demands in the next budget.
- Establishment of the University of Nursing.
- Restoration of Staff Status Suspended by 07.12.2017 and 32/2017 during the period of Yahapalana Good Governance Government.
- Promotion from Grade iii to grade ii with five years and from ii to grade i with seven years.
- Giving an annual uniform allowance of Rs. 20,000.
- Refer to the study of a special committee to treat the present 36 hours working hours as five days (30 hours) per week.
President decided to implement those five demands immediately. The President also agreed to provide an allowance of Rs. 10,000 and an additional service allowance of 1/100 of the basic salary mentioned in a circular issued by the Ministry of Finance on 24.12.2014.
Accordingly, all the proposals submitted by the Public Service United Nurses Association were resolved by the President.